Custom Maskmaking Services
Custom Masks (The Collaborative Process):
Jonathan works with many of his clients to develop custom masks for new works, existing plays and individual use. The process of having custom masks made involves:
- Jonathan and the client (you) reach an understanding of the overall project.
- Jonathan and the client (you again) reach an understanding of the characters that the masks will become.
- The client (still you) reviews the initial sculptures proposed by Jonathan (this is often done via email through a review of digital photographs of the actual sculptures from which the masks will be made).
- The client (always you) suggests any changes or modifications.
- The client (you, you, you) reviews the changes made to the sculptures.
- You approve the sculptures, unless you want more changes.
- The approved sculptures are cast.
- The masks are made.
Jonathan Becker offers custom-made theatre masks to clients who need them for specific productions, classoom use or just to own. Jonathan works very hard to make sure each client gets exactly the masks that are needed.
Special attention is paid to the style in which they are going to be used, the aesthetic of the overall design of a production and the character traits needed for a particular script. He also guarantees that all of the masks he makes for theatrical use will play.
Custom work is priced according to each individual project. Very detailed estimates are provided to each client.
"There is no problem to which there is no solution."
Therefore when you ask: "Can we do…?" the answer will always be: "Yes!"
View masks from select past projects
View Jonathan's Client List
Please contact Jonathan to discuss your custom mask project!
Clients who have used Jonathan's Mask-making skills include:
Ask about Soft Foam Headpieces!